A dental laser is a type of laser designed specifically for use in oral surgery or dentistry. Laser dentistry can be a precise and effective way to perform many dental procedures, allowing for treatment of a highly specific area of focus without damaging surrounding tissue. If you consider yourself somewhat of an anxious dental patient and are seeking extreme safety and comfort, you might consider visiting us as we provide comprehensive options of laser dentistry techniques at all Vasan Dental Care Centres.
We constantly strive to use advancements in technology to provide patients with Laser precision treatment that minimize pain and recovery time.
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require sutures (stitches)
- Certain laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia by injection.
- Laser dentistry reduces bleeding.
- Bacterial infections are minimized
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.
- Cavity Detector: Detects tooth cavities.
- Dental Fillings / Tooth Preparation: Hard tissue dental lasers may eliminate the need for a local anesthetic injection and the traditional turbine dental drill. However, dental lasers are not appropriate for the replacement of amalgam fillings, onlays or crowns.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Treats sensitivity of teeth to hot and cold. Soft tissue (gum) laser dentistry procedures
- Crown Lengthening: Dental lasers can reshape gum tissue (soft tissue laser) and bone (hard tissue laser) to expose healthier tooth structure-such reshaping provides a stronger foundation for the placement of restorations.
- Gummy Smile: Dental lasers can reshape gum tissue to make your gummy smile disappear.
- Muscle Attachment (Frenula) removal: For children who are tongue tied (restricted or tight frenulum) and babies unable to breast feed adequately due to limited tongue movement. A laser frenectomy may also help to eliminate speech impediments.
- Soft Tissue Folds (Epulis): Dental lasers may be used for the painless and suture-free removal of soft tissue folds often caused by ill-fitting dentures.
- Viewing Tooth and Gum Tissues: Optical Coherence Tomography is a safer way to see inside tooth and gums in real time.
- Benign Tumors: Painless and suture-free removal of benign tumors from the gums, palate, sides of cheeks and lips.
- Cold Sores: To reduce pain associated with cold sores and minimize healing time.
- Nerve Regeneration: Photobiomodulation can be used to regenerate damaged nerves, blood vessels and scars.
- Sleep Apnea: In cases where sleep apnea is a result of a tissue overgrowth in areas of the throat (which sometimes occurs with age), laser treatment can be performed to reshape the throat and relieve the correlating breathing problems associated with sleep apnea.
- Teeth Whitening: To speed up the bleaching process associated with teeth whitening.
- Temporomandibular Joint Treatment: To quickly reduce pain and inflammation of the temporomandibular jaw joint.