Everyone loves a dazzling smile, eye-catching with a perfect set of flashing teeth. But with age or negligence, they may be lost which changes the structure of our bone and facial features as well as loss of oral functions. It is therefore essential to replace the missing teeth to maintain facial aesthetics and occlusal & functional harmony.
There are different treatment alternatives available for the replacement of missing teeth. The more common ones are removable partial dentures, removable complete dentures, crowns, and bridges. Dental Implants are one of the most recent advances in artificial teeth replacement, that has changed the lives of millions for the better.
A dental implant is a “root” device, usually made of Titanium used in Dentistry to support restorations that resemble a tooth or group of teeth to replace missing teeth.
The placement of dental implants is a three-part process that can take several months.
- The dentist first places the implant into the jaw, with the top of the implant slightly above the top of the bone. A screw is inserted into the implant to prevent gum tissue and other debris from entering. The gum is then secured over the implant where it will remain covered for approximately three to six months while the implant fuses with the bone.
- In the second step, the implant is uncovered and the dentist attaches a post, also called an abutment, to the implant. The gum tissue is allowed to heal. Once healed, the post serves as the foundation for the new tooth.
- In the third and final step, the dentist makes a custom artificial tooth, called a dental crown, based on a size, shape, colour and fit that will blend with your other teeth. Once completed, the crown is attached to the implant post and you’re dental implants are in place.
- Dental Implants look and feel natural, and since they integrate into the structure of your bone. No one can tell that you had a tooth or two replaced.
- Unlike bridges, where you have to compromise adjacent teeth, In case of Implants, you don’t have to sacrifice the adjacent teeth to support it.
- There is more confidence for the patients with Implants as it looks and feels natural. They can eat and speak with comfort and confidence. The Discomfort of dentures and gum irritation of bridges can be avoided.
- The success rate of dental implants is highly predictable. They are considered an excellent option for tooth replacement.
- Single Implant
- Full Mouth Implant
- All On Four
- Implants with Bone Graft
- Implants with Sinus Lift
- Zygoma Implants
The Implant month conducted in the month of October 2012 across TN, AP & Karnataka treating hundreds of patients who required Implants as a teeth replacement alternative had increased the general awareness of the public regarding Implants.
Vasan Dental Hospitals has an expert team of Implantologists on board, skilled in All on Four Immediate Loading Implant Technology as well as Implants with Bone Graft and Sinus Lift. Implants placed utilizing new advances in laser dental treatments ensure a high level of precision and reduce the recovery period for patients.
The latest innovation in Implants – The Zygoma Implant for patients with a weak or non-existent jawbone is also performed across Vasan Dental Care Hospitals.